Tuesday, December 1, 2009

World Cup Skiing

I am going to change my topic because I have not been able to blog much more on Jai Alai due to the lack of information. I am going to begin my topic of World Cup Ski Racing since the season has begun and is well underway. I would like to talk about the American skiers but their results have been pretty poor thus far this season so I will start by talking about the World Cup as a whole. October 24, 2009 was the first Women's race at Solden, Austria. It was a Giant Slalom on a fairly easier course for World Cup standards. The winner of the race was Finnish skier Tanja Poutiainen. The top American was Lindsay Vonn in 9th place just under 1.5 seconds off the leader. The next American was Sarah Schleper in 24th. No other Americans Finished the race. On October 25, the Mens race at Solden took place and American Ted Ligety placed 2nd .6 seconds off the leader Didier Cuche of Switzerland. Fellow Swiss skier Carlo Janka was third to round off the top 3. No other Americans finshed the race. Congrats to Ted Ligety for a great first race!

No comments:

Post a Comment