Sunday, December 6, 2009

Beaver Creek

Over the past week, a series of races were held at Beaver Creak, USA for mens World Cup skiing. I think I have acute induced depression over the results of another failing week on the mens side. As I am very grateful to announce that some US Men have skied exceptionally, I also have to add, my grandmother would beat our Mens team right now since she could at least make it down the course. I need to emphasize the good things that happened this week. One of the two Swiss men that I talked about earlier in this blog won the super combined event, which is a combination of a run of downhill and a run of slalom, Carlo Janka. I am happy to see a youngster, like Janka, winning all the races. Janka's teammate Didier Defago, different Didier than in previous posts, went one, two in the results of the combined. The only US finisher was Andrew Weibrecht in 19th, a very impressive result for the 24 year old superstar. The next race was a downhill where Carlo Janka, once again, captured the title with teammate Didier Cuche in 2nd. Third was Axel Lund Svindal, my personal favorite ski racer. Finally Bode Miller threw down and placed 4th. Congrats Bode. Andrew Weibrecht was 11th, Marco Sullivan 14th, Erik Fisher 25th. Steve Nyman and Jeremy transue finished as well but toward the back of the pack. Switching over to Giant Slalom for the last race, Carlo Janka took another victory! He is shaping up to have one of the most impressive seasons in history if he keeps this up much longer... not bad for a newby World Cup Racer. Benny Reich and Axel Lund Svindal were 2nd and 3rd. Ted Ligety was 4th. Jake Zamansky finished in 25th out of 27 to round off the impressive two man finish for the mens team.

No comments:

Post a Comment